Sunday, April 19, 2009

Scraps from Juanita

So Juanita sent me another package of her scraps. This time, she was very ingenious!! She sent me the 2 blue colored punched pieces and a former baby thank you card. Unfortunately, I forgot again to photograph the items before I started creating!! Anyway, they are in there. I started out cutting out the wonderful little animals on the baby card. They were so sweet. I used them and the blue pieces of scrap to determine the color combo and decided to go with this lilac purple from my own scrap pile. I added some real stitching around the purple piece and drew some doodling around the 2 blue pieces. Finally, I had my son help me decide what to do on the white bottom of the card. He decided that I should add what you see here....some new stamps from Papertrey Ink!! Finally, I added the little sentiment (Sweet Baby) from Papertrey's original Mixed Messages set. A perfect sentiment! So, what have you created with your scraps lately?? Oh, and some great news from Susan over at smARTworks ....She is going to be kinda on holidays this week so ... "In exchange for the possiblity of slower order processing, smARTworks will be offering FREE SHIPPING on all US orders ($15 or greater) placed April 20 - 24." What a great opportunity for my US stamping friends. Thanks for dropping in!! Donelda

4 comments:

Jessica G. said...

You are so creative, my friend! Such a sweet baby card from the scraps; great stitching, too!

Pauline said...

This is cute :o)

Kristine said...

Hi Donelda!! :) That is terrific and what a great idea to use up someone else's crap!! I mean, SCRAP!! LOL. I'm gonna have to get in on this swap! Love your stitching on there ;)

Juanita said...

Wow! I didn't even recognize my own scraps. You worked absolute magic with these. I am so surprised by this awesome card.